Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where I want to be in ten years...

Upon graduation from Clemson, I intend to pursue a career in medicine, specifically in the area of surgery. Being a Charleston, SC resident, I would like to attend medical school close to home and eventually live and practice in Charleston. Although I haven’t quite decided a surgical specialty to undertake, I am leaning more towards neurosurgery or cardiothoracic surgery. After doing some research on both specialties, I have found that residency training in both programs is approximately seven to eight years. Hopefully, that’s where I will be in ten years. Although my career is important to me, I also hope to get married and have a family, creating a balance of both my personal and professional life. We’ll see how it goes, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment