Sunday, March 1, 2009

3 presentations

I really enjoyed Laura's presentation on women's gymnastics at Clemson. I have a sorority sister that was a founding member of Clemson club gymnastics, and she is always talking about how Clemson should make gymnastics an official sport. I think that Laura made great points in her case for making women's gymnastics an NCAA sport at Clemson. Not only was she passionate about the issue, but she had sound facts and statistics to back up her main points. Also, I really enjoyed Stephanie B.'s presentation on Locks of Love. I think that Locks of Love is a great cause, and I think it's wonderful that Stephanie has donated herself, along with several other classmates. Not only did I learn about the purpose of locks of love, but I also learned what goes into the process. For example, I didn't know that each prosthesis requires 6-10 ponytails! She had great facts and information on the topic, and she also made it easy for me to take steps in donating myself should I choose to do so by including the "hair donation guidelines." Stephanie seemed very passionate about the issue, and I thought she gave a great overall presentation. In addition, I really enjoyed Nate's presentation on "when the shark and the fish first met," written by Galid Shalit. Nate seemed very knowledgeable on an issue that I myself don't know much about. Before this presentation, I had heard about the story, but I hadn't heard the story behind it: how the plot of the story symbolizes the conflict between Israel and Palestine, and its author, who began IDF service in July 2006, was abducted and is currently being held prisoner by Hamas. I learned a lot from this presentation, and Nate definitely presented us with some thought-provoking questions, like "can Israel justify releasing 1000 potentially dangerous prisoners for the release of one p.o.w. (Galid Shalit)?" I guess only time will tell. I think that Nate did a great job! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment